Saturday, August 29, 2009
I completed this quilt a while back but never got around to posting photos of it. I finished up the hand work one Saturday and have been enjoying it on my wall ever since. It's all cotton, many of the colors are hand dyed and I think there is a piece or two of commercial batik in there. The dotted fabric was created using potato stamps in metallic fabric paint. The trees are a natural unbleached muslin that I thought was a nice contrast to the richer colors. I've used a combination of brights and muddy tones hoping that it would make the vivid ones really sing. The colors are machine quilted and the trees are hand quilted with embroidery floss. It took me a while to get the binding completed, it's a pretty complex trick with all the movement in the edging, but I like how it turned out.