Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Computer Problems, Red Salad and Lemon Lavender Iced Tea.

Somewhere along the line I got out of the habit of blogging and into the habit of tweeting.  Twitter is perfect for my ADD mind... that seems to run on fifty tracks at one time.  I think it also contributes to the reality that my life feels that it's going fifty different directions most of the time. One of these days I'll figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

I spent some time Tuesday unplugging and that was wonderful.  But since then the unplugging was more forced than usual as my computer suffered some serious issues.  Silly thing fainted on me repeatedly and I began to be very frightened for her welfare.  There was a point yesterday when it was all very touch and go.  I considered calling in the relatives.  She'd go non-responsive, "Clear!"  ZZZOT!  over and over again!  Yesterday there was surgery to remove McAfee and Adobe Acrobat, and she pulled through that ok.  Overnight I left it with a second scan for virus and she came through that clean.  There was a transplant of my files to my external hard drive and some very stern language at points.  There were all kinds of scans and diagnostics, some very invasive testing.  Today she is having a better day.  She has not fainted even once all day, we hope that we are past the worst.  In my solitary life, this contraption represents my connection to a world beyond these walls.  Believe me, I am very grateful that she's doing better!

And here is a random fact from my meaningless existence:
I must be very bored to be taking photos of my lunch. Red salad, iced tea. Red salad = strawberries, mint leaves cut up into little slivers (there is a big fancy schmancy word for that, which I have forgotten and couldn't spell even if I remembered.) black pepper and a bit of sugar. Lemon Lavender iced tea. That was an interesting experiment, it works.

Here's how I make iced tea:
I have a coffee pot that has not, and will never see coffee. I really dislike coffee on so many levels, but that's a bit beside the point. One large family style naturally decaf bag of tea goes in the basket. Half a lemon, sliced, goes in the glass pot. I added three stems of lavender blossoms to the pot as well this time. Turn it on and wait until all the water has gone through. Add the warm mixture to 3/4 cup of sugar (or to taste - and don't you dare put any chemical fake sugar stuff in this recipe! Gag me with a SPOON!) and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lots of ice and enough water to make a gallon. Presto! It's easy and it's yummy.

I'm very glad to be back online today, grateful that the silly computer didn't die. I would have been very cross! I'll try to do better about blogging the mundane details.

Savor the Flavors,
-Carmen Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails