Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Inspiration for fragrance work

I’m in the studio today working on a few new fragrances for the soap line. I already have 20 soaps in the line but I’ve had the inspiration for these and so I continue to bring out new ones. I’ve put considerable research into “his” and “hers” fragrance blends based on the story of Solomon and the Shulamite woman in Song of Solomon of the Bible. The fragrances I mixed this afternoon are earthy, unexpected and I am overjoyed at how they turned out. I have “his” on my right wrist and “hers” on my left, and I’m not certain which I like better. They are both unique and marvelous to me!

I’m also working on a “Rose of Sharon” (From Song of Solomon 2:1) that I’m happy with as well. It has hints of the Orient, Amber and floral notes that are marvelous.

There is yet another that I have not named yet that is based in these verses from Song of Solomon 2:
10 “My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. 11 See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. 12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. 13 The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."

I have put experiments with spikenard and hyssop off for a while. These oils are so expensive that it would put the price of a bar of soap in the stratosphere. At $324 a gallon, hyssop essential oil is tame compared to Spikenard essential oil which comes in at a cool $520.00 a gallon. Wow, glad I don't have to put THAT in the tank of my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails