Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yay, new soap coming out of the studio today!

I wanted to share some new work with you. I’ve made a collection of soaps inspired by natural stones. It seemed reasonable since I’m a jewelry designer to cross the lines between the disciplines and I’m really happy with the results! I happened to take some photographs today that I’m happy with.





Here are some of the new kinds emerging from the creative process today:


Sugar Cookie (the one with pink sugar in it)
Key Lime Pie (oh YUM!)
Vanilla Bean
Manderian Spice
And the pink one I have not named yet. We were at friends house for an impromptu meal and their French foreign exchange student mixed up a bowl of strawberries, mint, black pepper with just a little sugar. It was amazing. This pink soap is that fragrance. Incredible!


Yummy Vanilla, it won't stay that white but it looks like icecream with the tiny little vanilla bean flecks. Makes me hungry!



The Key Lime Pie, Sugar Cookie and Vanilla Bean finish out my set of five food inspired bars. The other two are Chocolate Cream Pie and Mint Truffle (like an Andes Mint. It's a good thing people don't eat out of their soap dish!



The Strawberry-whatzit plus the Mandarin Spice will be a lovely addition to this collection of Lime Basil, Turquoise Spice, and Jasmine Clementine. These make up the Summer collection.

What can I say, I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails