I started a small study for the quilt, a combination of batik and hand dyed fabrics. I'd been wanting to try the ultra simple log cabin squares and this was an opportunity to try that. I got it partly finished and realized once more that contrast is a quilt designer's best friend. Sometimes I forget that and this little project was a very helpful reminder. Even all those lush colors together start to turn to mud when there are to many of them to close together. I laid it aside, having learned a lot from the process.
The pieces are coming together, I have about 40 of each of these blocks.
We'll see what happens next!
Here's to freedom, to beautiful batik and wild zebras!