Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

I *think* I'm writing a book

Ok, if I am the "writing" part is done and the compiling work is just starting. I’m taking a look at the series of garnished poems I did a while back. I’m considering putting them together into a book of poetry garnished with watercolors and such. I have 36 images at this time, could make more if I decided it was needed. Which has led me to a dilemma.

Each 5x7 image could work beautifully on a page… thing is… how much white space do I leave? Should I do a garnished poem on every page or do one per right hand page so that they could be removed and framed if someone chose to? Suggestions and ideas welcome!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of designing the book so the poems could be taken out and framed! So many times I have wished I could do that but, without ruining the book, it just didn't work right. However you decide to design it -- go for it, girl! I love your garnished poems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of hand made books are leaves that are wrapped and separate-able. And there are those double frames you can buy which would make two pages work.

    Or, center the poem in the illustration/garnishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely want 'em frame-able!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a self published book? If so, what website did you use? I would love to hear your opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails