Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

All in a Day's Work.

Day one of the facelift of my bathroom is underway. I decided against any serious renovations, the tub and vanity stays, I’m not going to install tile or replace the floor. This is just a facelift for the bathroom that will update our vintage 1975 house without costing much. One of these days we’ll do a real renovation but not now. I painted the walls and primed the trim, we painted the inside of the closet as well. Hubby took the doors off the hinges and primed them. We took the doors off of the vanity and I'll do my best to clean them up. He installed new GFI outlets and put on new switch plates. I hung the new shower curtain and we went shopping for new lighting, faucet and wood to frame out the mirror. And when we got home we installed the new TP holder. So far I love it.

Mom is coming tomorrow and we will paint trim and the vanity. We’ll start putting together some of the details and see if we can have it beautiful by evening. I want three towel racks but instead of just buying towel racks I have a few ideas, so we will see how that goes.

Photos coming, I'm trying to remember to document each step of the way. I love before and after photos!

1 comment:

  1. Can not wait to see the before and after. Bathrooms are huge jobs. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails