I started into a pieced section that is a stylized sunset with fence. Those stars wanted a context. The pieces in this section are arranged in a classic brick pattern which is a theme in my life over the last few years… brick walls and hurdles have been a theme.
Then I started messing around with the placement of the elements and kinda liked some of the other options.
I added a strip of pieced work to the componants on this one. I actually picked up the stuff on the floor and starting piecing the larger elements together until it turned out this way. I've never really done much in the way of "random" in my quilt designs before so this was kind of fun. And I think it works in this design.
I really liked this idea actually... however... I really wanted those stars at the top of the piece and I was hoping I could balance out the colors and values in a way that would make it work.
A few of the elements, but still... something seems to be missing.
So this is how things look at the moment. I'm going to do some tweaking but I'll live with it a while as it is and decide if I really think it is finished or not.