Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Batik Heaven

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me...
I spent some of my Christmas money this morning at Rachel's Quilt Shop! I bought a chunk of fabric that looked like a brick. I have never done that before, I like to choose my fabrics, thank you very much. However... this one just made me drool, I saw it a while back and passed because it is $35 but still - there it was in the back of my mind, begging to come home with me. :)

Ok, this is the point where I should post the photo of that fabric "brick" but come on... I had that baby open before I even left the store!! And when I got home and laid them all out, this is what I have. 40 strips of batik, 2.5 inches wide. Yummmmm....

Drool!

These come in five different color ways and I chose "sherbert." I might consider the "mulberry" as well, the others are just too dull for me. I wish they did one in the vivid colors.
I've even got a sketch for the next quilt idea:

I've been away from quilt design for quite some time, so this is really fun. Plus I have a huge mess with all the tiny scraps on my floor and I just don't have the heart to clean up all those bits of color off of my carpet yet and thankfully hubby doesn't seem to mind too much. So I'm into making quilts for a while longer! :)
Oh, and these fabric 'bricks' appear to be available here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like the look of your pattern and with those fabrics it will look a lot like jewels. Maybe even a hint of Klimt?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails