Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Peace, Joy and Hoppiness


I’ve started a new project! It will be a twin sized kid’s quilt. I’m calling it “Peace, Joy and Hoppiness.” Yeah, it has frogs in the fabric. Yay! I’ve got about 16 blocks string bean pieced and that will certainly be part of the design somewhere. I’m also going to throw in some letters, cause really, it needs to say “hoppiness” on it SOMEWHERE! And… well… I’ll take this one as it comes. I’ve sketched some, but I’m thinking I’m not going to do a whole lot of planning on this one. I’m just going to make some fun stuff, piece it together and then make stuff to go in the empty spots until I’m done.

As I started into it, I started to see "John Deere" in my color combination and had a momentary flash of "Oh NO!" So with that in mind I'll be working with the colors to make sure that John Deere does not make an unintended appearance in this quilt project! Nothing wrong with Deere ol' John, mind you, but such things are for outdoors! Not inside! And not with my dancing frogs. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Carmen, that is so adorable. I am seeing no John Deere here! Just the beginnings of a quilt that a child is going to LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails