Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Adventures in Soaping

I made soap this week. I’ve been making confetti soap, which is just cut up bits of colorful soaps enrobed in warm soap and it solidifies into a whole new chunk of soap. It all wears together as it is used and since each bit of confetti is a different color and fragrance combination, it makes a soap that is an ever changing treat for the senses as it is used. This is my favorite kind of soap to use because it's always different. Here are a few of my favorites:
This one is perhaps the prettiest one and it smells like a combination of honeysuckle mixed with lime... now you wouldn't think that would work, but it DOES!

This one smells like the flowering trees of Spring time. It's floral with a hint of sweet and almond. A lovely and fairly traditional combo.

This one smells like chocolate chip cookies and kind of looks like chocolate chip cookie dough. Yummm... Same idea, only in heart shaped molds:

This may be the strangest soap I’ve ever made. I call it “Fresh Green Grass” yep, as in yard. It’s a combination of some delightful evergreens and some exotic spices... and Chocolate… and again – you wouldn’t think that would work. Oh but it does! And I just think it is funny looking. Wish I had thought to make it with hemp soap but it didn’t occur to me until it was made. Everything around here has been covered in a fine layer of yellow pollen until the rains came, so I included some yellow jojoba beads dusted over the top for that fresh pollen look.
In the coming days I’ll be taking down my website and putting up something entirely different. I haven’t gotten past designing the front page though so it could take a while. I want to use it more as a portfolio and possibly have a few things available for sale, but not much really. Since I do work in a variety of media, putting together an organized presentation of what I’ve done and do on a regular basis can be a little complicated so I’ll just keep working at it until I’m ready to launch it on an unsuspecting world. Then who knows what will happen.

2 comments:

  1. These all look good enough to eat!!! Makes me want to rush to my Jello supply to see if I can make something like your soap that is edible:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails