Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

I made small jewelry pendant sized wreaths, and suddenly I wanted to try making ornaments as well... so after some experimenting this is how they turned out. Each of these are about three inches across plus the silver bail. They are tack fused and then I used my glass glazes (check out the hand painted glass on my website for an example)to add words and another layer of texture in pearl white. These ornaments meld my work in kiln glass fusing and glazing glass together. The wreath is made from crushed stained glass and also some crushed dichroic glass, all carefully placed with a clear section in the middle. All of them (some photos were taken before I had added the bails)now have a silver jewelry bail. I think these would be pretty in a window at Christmas time!
Peace, Hope, Love... mostly lavender
Peace, Joy, Love... mostly green
Hope, Love, Joy... mostly turquoise and cobalt blue
Faith, Hope and Love... Multi earthy colors.
The cool tones all together on a scarf. $35 each.
Click on the image for a better look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails