Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beginnings of "The Art of a Woman" Project

Well, suppose it's time to unveil some of the things I'm working on here in Studio B. I've done nothing but post about snow lately. Thankfully, all that has given me lots of uninterrupted and focused studio time. (Except for shoveling and feeding the wood stove of course.) It all starts with a sketch...

Then it's time to figure out the engineering, LOL! The theme for all the looks will begin with the phrase "She is..." In this case: "She is beginning to bloom." And my idea was to create the model's look based on a sunflower. When she heard this, she jumped up and down and squealed, turns out, sunflowers are her favorite! Yay!
And so I started making petals from some hand dyed cotton that I'd died a few months back.

The olive green parts of the costume are in this muddle of cloth that is soaking in dye solution.
It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to create the petals that they could be worn, and I'm not ready to give away any secrets at this point... but I do have the petals all attached to ribbons now and I've tried them on and the effect is really fun! I can't WAIT to get my hands on the model, it's going to be so much fun! I should have taken a photo of makeup I've designed for her, or the sketch at least, but that can wait. It is fun to be back in the zone with a new project. And as long as the weather cooperates, I should be sharing photos from this shoot early next week sometime. This one is new and different enough that it fits my AD HD hyper-focus quite nicely. So here's to beauty and inspiration, may you have all you need of both!
-Carmen Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails