Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bone Sighs

I’m tickled PINK to be on the front page of Terri St. Cloud’s website! Her business is called “bone sigh’s” Now isn’t that the coolest name for a poet/artist? Seriously! She does this nifty “artist of the month” thing and guess what? She chose me for Feb! Terri is an amazing woman who lives out there on the ragged edge exploring everything that comes her way full tilt and fine tuned. I just think she is one of the coolest empathic types I’ve ever met, very deep, very compassionate! Check out her website for the coolest poetry ever! I used to carry her work when I had the gallery and women would come in and read her work and before long I'd look over and they'd be wiping tears or hugging each other or passing the different ones back and forth to each other or reading them aloud. She has touched many with her work and I'm thrilled to be on her website!!

And guess what else? I’m turning 40 on groundhog’s day! LOL! Yeah, it’s a milestone and don’t even bother pulling out the vultures and tombstones because I’m not done yet, this is finally getting really good! I’m in a good place right now. We’ve been through some difficult seasons and seen some painful things along the way but I am at peace with my life and looking forward with expectation to the addition of three children to our home this year! I’m just SO excited about that! And I can't wait to show photos of what my talented artist brother made for me! It delighted me SO MUCH, so I'll get photos of it soon and share it!

I’m still deciding what color to paint my kitchen. I’ve covered the rainbow by now, first I wanted green, then a beautiful azure and lately I’ve been giving some thought to orange or yellow/orange. I guess I’d better buy some samples and bring them home to try out and see which ones I like best. I am going to avoid doing what I’ve always done, even though those colors were perfection - I am ready for a change of pace, something a little more vibrant and outside of the box! It will be marvelous!

Surf on over and check out Terri's site and her blog! She's a treasure!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you; Happy Birthday to you; Happy Birthday, dear Carmen; Happy Birthday to Yoooouuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned 40 two years ago, and I am here to tell ya -- it only keeps getting better! My best friend just turned 50 and she told me 50's EVEN BETTER than 40. I finally feel like I've come into my own and I don't get in my own way, so to speak, near as much as I did in my 20s and 30s. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to check out my website and for your encouragement on the big quilt! And congrats on landing in your new home and settling in and making it your own! ESPECIALLY important as you welcome those 3 lucky children into your life and heart! I think those teeny-tiny cans of sample paints are genius! When we were deciding on the color for our bedroom, we must’ve put 8 different colors up on our wall – it was definitely worth it because we landed on THE perfect color! It’s called "Salmon Mousse" – by Benjamin Moore – plus we did an accent wall in “Persimmon.”

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails