Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Different Perspective

It's not uncommon to find one of my border collies patiently sitting in the yard staring up into a tree. Now... they are stalking a squirrel when they do that, but if you didn't realize that it would be easy to conclude that they (Misde especially) enjoying looking up through the petals of the dogwoods.
Here's Misde in hot pursuit of a squirrel who is running from tree to tree above her.
I decided that Misde really had the right idea, enjoying a dogwood from a distance is one thing....
But watching the dogwood petals light up in the spring sunshine...
I love how graceful the branches are.
The textures of flowers that are close and those that are more distant.
I love this time of year, even if my cars and deck furniture are all covered in fine yellow powder, and I'm doubling up on my allergy meds.
It was beautiful today, sunny and just a tad cold. I visited Mary Baldwin and then sat outside on a bench enjoying the view for a while, completely raptured by the view and beauty of that place.
I passed the park on the way home and decided to spend some time with the ducks and fish. They've put up a sign, apparently one is no longer allowed to bring a stale loaf of bread and feed the ducks. That's really sad. Maybe stale bread isn't good for ducks, but I sure enjoyed giving it to them.

I really am enjoying spring with these beautiful dogwoods!  I learned something from Misde.  Look up!  Appreciate something from a different perspective today!

Happy Creating,
-Carmen Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails