Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Remember and Reflect


Two years ago a student opened fire on students at Virginia Tech.  I remember those weeks following that shooting, my heart went out to the friends and families of those who died.  I also thought of students who had to find some way of making a normal life for themselves in a place where they'd experienced trauma, pain and fear.  These are two drawings that I created at that time, one was published in place of the editorial cartoon in our local paper.  It is difficult to understand what could have happened in the heart of a man that he'd be willing to cause this kind of pain.  Very sad indeed.  My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and a sense of peace on that day two years ago.  I'm sure there are days when it feels like only yesterday.
"Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy on us"
Blessings,
-Carmen Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails