Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

These Orchids are just showing off!

My Mom knows I love orchids and gave me this one while I was in the hospital two weeks ago.  It's just blooming it's heart out, showing off like nobody's business.  I popped them out on the porch rail to photograph and managed to catch my two border collies in the photo.  I guess they were keeping watch on the golf course, looking for something/someone to bark at.  I'm winding up my little medical vacation.  I feel good, I just keep being reminded that I'm not back to full strength yet.  But time heals, so I'll try to be patient.  I'm featured artist at the Oasis Gallery in Harrisonburg for May and June, so I really need to be getting my work together for that.  I haven't done a one woman show for some time, it's not that I don't have the inventory.  It's more about putting things out there that are representative of me now, rather than things I've done ages ago.  And some of the projects I've worked on in the last year or so are ones I don't want to sell... so there is no point in putting that work out if the goal is to make it count financially.  Ha ha, we'll see what happens.  I have fabrics pulled out for a new small quilt, it will be good to get back to work on Monday.  Until then I will continue to be a slacker!  =)

Happy Creating with a big dose of floral inspiration,
-Carmen Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails