Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jacob's Ladder Quilt

Yeah, it's a theme with me right now... this "Jacob's ladder" imagery. I think it's safe to say that I'm on a "kick." This is one of the earliest ones, it's been on my design wall for a while.  
I quilted it up and stretched it over a 12 x 12 canvas.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
I love the piece of fabric on the right hand side.  It turned out with such neat color and texture.  And the fabrics are a combination of mostly hand dyed fabrics, some hand dyed white on the whites plus my favorite rich purple batik. 

"Jacob's Ladder in Blue"
Hand dyed cotton, white on white plus batik
Fused and machine quilted
12 x 12
$199 Framed

Happy Creating,
-Carmen Rose

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration, Carmen, and I truly love the way you stretch your quilts over a canvas frame. I feel sure I will copy your idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails