Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Winter Enchantment

The good folks at Artbeads.com suggested that I make a piece that represents what I find beautiful or inspirational about the winter season.  I thought of this quote imediately:

“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.”

-Stanley Horowitz 

 Doesn't this leaf look like an etching?


Then I ordered a few things from Artbeads.com.  I was really taken with products with the "gunmetal" finish, they are really a beautiful addition to more traditional finishes.  I also fell in love with the feather charm and snowflake charms, and there are so many charms to choose from!
 I made the earrings first, they were so fun to make and I'll be wearing these every day for a month at least!
I love the "fancy link" in this gunmetal finish!

Then I started in on the necklace, beginning with the small bird's nest in the center 
and working out with stylized tree branches.
The strong solid links and cables on the right side are balanced by the more delicate work on the other side.  The crystals add lots of sparkle and the dangles provide lots of movement.
Plus, it will be REALLY FUN to wear!
Necklace: $149, Earrings: $49

Happy Creating,
-Carmen Rose

FTC disclaimer: I received some of the products shown in this blog from Artbeads.com free of charge, I have not been paid for my endorsement of these products and I am reviewing the products honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails