Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Beginning the Kitchen Tile Install


The work has started!  We've taken up the old flooring, what do you think?  Good choice?  Yeah, it was pretty horrible and there was SO MUCH of it!  (But not anymore!)

The hubby carefully took up the old stuff, it took some doin but it came up.

Then I started in laying a row right down the length of the room. 

Tile in both pantries and more to go...

Lay out a few rows worth of adhesive until it's dry enough, lay the tile... (and repeat.)

Almost all the whole tiles are down, now I'm working on the tiles that fit in around the edges.  Believe it or not they cut relatively easily when heated, which was good news to me!  I've laid plenty of tile, vinyl, ceramic and even some marble over the years but never a room this size and I don't remember ever working with VCT before.

And every time I found the process annoying, I just pictured my kitchen with the new floor complete and I knew it would be worth it!  And a few of my friends are coming Monday to help me paint the cabinets.  Slowly but surely we are saying "Bye Bye" to the old kitchen!  =)  I can hardly wait to see how it all turns out!

Have a project at your house you've been putting off?  Don't be afraid to try something new!  Give it a try and see what happens!  Happy transformations!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails